Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum

All about the bit of blue!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Not long until the Champions first pre season game away to Longford. 7th of February in City Calling Stadium

Share | 

????????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkyBlue&Black
Bench
Bench

PostSubject: ????????????   Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Lads,
for the first time, in very long time, ATFC have succumbed to the people who support this club bounce and gave us plenty of good information/news via the website and facebook (instead of the usual bullshit of not being able to say anything until everything is "official" only to then turn around and feed all this "official"news to our local newspaper for us and whoever else cares to read.)
And still there seems to be nobody interested .....if this forum is anything to go by
I thought there would be plenty of discussion about the management team, playing squad etc.
Don't shoot me ........ I'm only trying to stir it up Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Agree totally. I set this forum up to give Athlone fans somewhere to discuss things, argue, whatever they want to though Razz I shared it on facebook etc but nobody seems to bother. Nobody seems to care to discuss about Athlone anymore. Maybe sucess in the new season will spark things up but even then i doubt it. Iv looked at other Irish teams forum and they are all constantly updated threads on there. Pity but thats just the way our club/fans has gone. Personally i think its a disgrace how the club treats its fans. Other clubs fans always seem to know about what players they are signing before its "official" but we are never told anything. They seem to just tell the Westmeath and expect that to be ok. Why not put new signings etc on the website or on facebook. I know we are in a whole different world than the English Premier League but you always hear of players in discussions with clubs before they officially sign. so why cant Athlone say we are currently talking to whoever and are expected to sign him etc. Is it any wonder nobody cares anymore. Rant over.

SkyBlue&Black
Bench
Bench

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Embarassed We'll get excommunicated.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueman
Reserves
Reserves

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 am

Have to agree with Sky that there has been a huge amount of informtion comming out of the club recently, I'd imagine this was becasue of John O'Sullivan, and wonder if it will continue now that he's gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The captain
Bench
Bench

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 am

Ah so there is people out there Very Happy I blame the the Brendan Place reign and the club for not sacking him for the complete lack of interest in the club, so many people were turned off the club because of the shenannigans that went on during his time. In Fairness to the club they are trying to move very (slowly) in the right direction. The appointment of John o Sullivan was the best move the club made in a long time hopefully they get a replacment in asap and continue the good work he was doing. Vitally important the club get things right this season and get the whole community behind the team....Com'on the town!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 am

A lot of people are talkin about the club now and the only way to keep people interested is to win games.

SkyBlue&Black
Bench
Bench

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:26 am

Jez' I forgot

C'MON THE TOWN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 am

Laughing good to see the forum is finally taking off!!! pre season has started and friendlies being arranged, wont be long before we are up and running!! come on the town!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The captain
Bench
Bench

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:21 am

Mervue up first then. The opening fixtures have been kind to us good to get a few games under our belts and hopefully a few points on the board before we come up against the likes of Harps Waterford and the other shower!!

Anyone know what the story is with Joe Woods? Hasnt been training with the squad. I thought he was one of our better players last year and would be gutted if he's gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 am

Disgusted that it looks like well be playing Saturday nights.

mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:15 pm

whats the problem with sat nights? you'll have plenty of time for the boozer Laughing ..... the club goes on and on about ties with the ADSL etc, they have their academy training on fri nights so none of those kids/trainers/adults can go on fri nights, (and no thy cant change it as the ait pitch is fully booked all week) for me fri nights is a bollox, i train a team til 7pm on that pitch and it would be a struggle to get to the games, and with the shite that was on view last season i just didnt bother Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ????????????   

Back to top Go down

????????????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum :: Town Talk-
Jump to: